You are welcome to visit the club and enjoy ample car parking. Then savour the 5 synthetic courts with floodlighting and meet new friends at the clubhouse.
Every Saturday from 1pm.
Yes, we play tennis.......
Socially and/or in competition.
Then we retire to the licenced Banter Lounge for tea, cake, beer or wine, quiz nights, pool and darts evenings............
Sunday 12th May Coloured team tournament
Saturday 18th May American Tournament ( hosted by Mike Walker )
Saturday 8th June Captain's Day and BBQ
Monday 17th June Professional Stringing company filming and demo
Saturday 6th July Wimbledon-themed American Tournament
Saturday 7th Sept Finals Day
Sunday 8th Sept Finals Day
See notice board for information on the above events
More events coming soon...
Southend Lawn Tennis Club
This coming summer, we have teams playing in both the Leigh & Westcliff and Essex Senior's League.
Anyone interested in playing should contact the playing committee of Dawn Backhouse, Graham Wells or Graham Taylor.
SEE QUICK LINKS BELOW FOR DETAILS.
Club Open Summer Tournament are up and running. Get playing like Steve and David below, who have already played their first round in the Men's Veterans Doubles
Essex Team Captains:
- Mens over 45 First team: Graham Taylor
- Mens over 45 Second team: Alan Worsdale
- Mens over 55 Team: Mick Davis
Summer & Winter competitions.
Singles, doubles/mixed for ladies and gents.
American Tournaments, Social,
Local district club leagues,
Turbo Tennis, Cardio Tennis.....
Whatever your standard, you are welcome to join us and benefit from our two LTA qualified coaches;
Annie and Jon
Free for our younger members!
Saturday 23rd February Wine Tasting
Sunday 28th April Social and Breakfast
Saturday 4th May Indian Meal: 18:45 - For members and guests - contact: Lorna Lawrie
Saturday 8th June BBQ after Captain's Day American Tournament
Saturday 6th July Strawberries and Cream + Pimms at our Wimbledon-themed tournament
Leigh & Westcliff Team Captains:
- Ladies team: Dawn Backhouse
- Mixed First team: James Driscoll
- Mixed Second team: James Driscoll
- Mixed Third team: Sandra Collins
- Mens First team: Graham Wells
- Mens Second team: David Harris
- Mens Third team: Steve Jennings
- Practice Wall - Building materials arrived and unloading in progress with John and David Harris and David Hill. Construction commencing in - JUNE
- Hanging Baskets have arrived
- Club/LTA Southend Schools Initiative week commencing: 3rd June